Joe And Todd talk with Meredith Commender, owner and Lead Event Coordinator & Designer at Significant Events of Texas.
S2E27 An Interview with Meredith Commender
1. Meredith Commender, CSEP, Owner/Lead EventCoordinator, Significant Events of Texas, firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/significanteventsoftexas.com and Instagram @significanteventsoftexas
2. Meredith didn’t originally set out to be a full-time event planner, but in October of 2008 she focused on building her event business. By 2011 it was a full-time job.
3. Meredith does a mix of corporate events, weddings, social and non-profit. Weddings are a large part of her business due to her Dallas location.
4. If you want to attract corporate clients, your website should have good corporate SEO and examples of your work.
5. Ideally, it’s best if you hire an event coordinator/planner at the beginning, but realistically, it often comes later in the planning. It’s never too late, but early is not a bad thing, either.
Make sure you have good SEO if you have a website, have a current social media presence, and spend time cultivating relationships with vendors. Vendors often provide referrals. Treat vendors well and treat them like equals.