- An elevator pitch lets you describe an idea, product or company concept in a short amount of time.
- To create your elevator pitch, dissect what it is that you do, use your mission statement and your organization’s values. Paint a picture so people remember you and what you do.
- Think through what it is you want to say. Be prepared, and use intentional language.
- Use consistent key phrases and words that easily explain your capabilities.
- Keep it short! Can you say it to someone you meet riding in an elevator?
- Know your elevator pitch well enough that you can say it smoothly and still sound natural, not rehearsed.
- Your elevator speech isn’t just for elevators! It’s for receptions, cocktail hours, meetings and more.